Due to COVID-19 Pandemic Situation, if your business has experienced or is likely to experience a downturn, you may be eligible for JobKeeper Payment. Please contact us immediately if your circumstances are similar to the eligibility criteria below. We can assess your business for JobKeeper Payment and assist you in enrolling for the payment.
The JobKeeper payment is open to eligible employers, sole traders and other entities to enable them to pay their eligible employee’s salary or wages of at least $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight.
Eligibility for Employers
- On 1 March 2020, you carried on a business in Australia
- You employed at least one eligible employee on 1 March 2020
- Your eligible employees are currently employed by your business for the fortnights you claim for (including those who are stood down or re-hired)
- Your business has faced a 30% fall in turnover
Sole traders can be eligible for the JobKeeper payment if their business has experienced a downturn
Calculate a fall in turnover for the first fortnight starting 30 March 2020
To work out your fall in turnover, you can compare either:
- GST turnover for March 2020 with GST turnover for March 2019
- Projected GST turnover for April 2020 with GST turnover for April 2019
- Projected GST turnover for the quarter starting April 2020 with GST turnover for the quarter starting April 2019.
Your eligible employees
Your employee is eligible under the JobKeeper Payment scheme if they:
- are employed by you (including those stood down or re-hired)
- were either a
- permanent full-time or part-time employee at 1 March 2020
- long-term casual employee (employed on a regular and systematicbasis for at least 12 months) as at 1 March 2020 and not a permanent employee of any other employer
- were at least 16 years of age on 1 March 2020
- were an Australian resident as at 1 March 2020 within the meaning of the Social Security Act 1991, which requires that they reside in Australia, and are one of an Australian citizen, the holder of a permanent visa, or a Protected Special Category Visa Holder
- were not in receipt of any of these payments during the JobKeeper fortnight
- government parental leave or Dad and partner pay
- a payment in accordance with Australian worker compensation law for an individual’s total incapacity for work
- agree to be nominated by you.
Amount of JobKeeper payment
- As an employer, you will receive a payment from of $1,500 per employee per fortnight as long as you and your employees meet the eligibility criteria.
- ATO will pay you for each eligible employee monthly in arrears beginning in May 2020. Payments will be made from the first week of May.
- An employer will usually get $3,000 a month per eligible employee for the two fortnightly periods in that month.
To discuss your eligibility for JobKeeper Payment please contact your Accountant before 30/04/2020